Not sure what to get your VR gamer special someone for Christmas? I've tested various different accessories for the Vive, and here is a must have wish-list with some of my favorite accessories. Hope you enjoy it. If you find other accessories that you've tested and should be added to the list please email me at Shawn@Basereality.co
Stating the obvious, but at some point every VR gamer gets so immersed that they forget about the outside world. Accidents happen and sometimes the controllers hit walls, tables, or even fly out of gamers hands. My friend hit the controller against the table and the controller broke. That was it for the night. Everyone went home and it was a major buzz kill. Learn from my mistake of not having a backup controller.
Help distinguish your Vive by getting these cool multi-colored silicone skins. They don't interfere with the sensors and add an extra layer of protection from potential scratches on your headset or controllers. Keep in mind they won't protect the headset or controllers if you drop them, but really cool that they have them in different colors.
WHY YOU NEED IT
- Make your Vive headset different from the others by making it more customized!
This is a great gift option for that brother or boyfriend who plays VR so much that they sweat. This memory foam pad hugs your face. It is super comfortable and a nice upgrade from the original pad that vive comes with.
WHY YOU NEED IT
- This makes the headset so much more comfortable when playing for extended periods of time.
- It's made out of leather. Nice quality.
- Super easy to clean. I use anti-bacteria wipes because it doesn't have alcohol and I have sensitive skin.
- Change them out - have one for guests or for switching players.
These gifts are a no-brainer for that gamer who constantly leaves their headset out or is constantly traveling with their vive. (we make these) This Lens cover is a simple idea that can save you tons of money by helping protect your lenses on your headset. The case is an authentic Pelican case made in the USA. The case is waterproof, shockproof, and made out of military grade plastic.
WHY YOU NEED THIS
- The cover protects the display from permanent sunlight damage, dust, and scratches.
- The cover is crafted for the HTC Vive HMD, lining made with 100% cotton. Made in the USA.
- The Pelican case provides a limited lifetime warranty for the case.
- Two cavity storage allows for extra room for chords and even headphones!
This is a cool way to see and use your hands in VR using Leap Motion's proprietary hand tracking software. The demo videos are really neat.
- The Bundle comes with one Leap Motion Controller and one Universal VR Developer Mount. Headset not included.
- The mount securely mounts the Leap Motion Controller to consumer VR headsets like the Oculus Rift CV1 and the HTC Vive.
- Comes with a custom cut 3M adhesive provides stable adhesion to both curved and flat surfaces. Additional 15'-long USB extender cable allows for flexibility in movement for room-scale VR.
Sugru is amazing. It is the simplest item on this wish-list. It is not necessarily for VR but it is so universal I thought I would include it on the list. It is a self-setting rubber, formed by hand and cures at room temperature overnight. This would be an ideal gift for someone who is creative and even a do-it-yourselfer. I use mine for hanging my headphones on like the above picture.
WHY YOU NEED IT
- Self-adhesive - bonds to aluminum, steel, ceramics, glass, wood and some fabrics. Removable from most non-porous surfaces.
- Waterproof, UV resistant, electrically insulating and dishwasher proof when cured.
- Comes in a variety of colors. Show off your sculpting skills!
Have the ultimate experience going to the world's larget virtual and augmented reality expo. The expo will feature cutting-edge demos of the most exciting projects in development for the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, PlayStation VR, Google Cardboard, Samsung GearVR, and more! Each day will be action packed with an impressive lineup of insightful presentations, panels, and announcements.
WHY YOU NEED TO GO TO IT
- The biggest companies in the VR/AR industry will be at this event. A great way to network and make new friends.
- Get involved! Apply to be an intern and show off your digital ninja skills by having responsibilities and execute various tasks and marketing strategies. (must live in LA)